Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What I Cooked

We love cheese at our house, quite a bit, and we tend to eat lots of cheesy, "junky" food this time of year. I'm of a mind that it's good to go into Clean Monday feeling kind of sick of cheese.  So--plenty of cheese. That's what you'll be seeing for the next few weeks here.

Sunday: Panini. I make this on a George Foreman Grill. It works really well. The bread was homemade whole wheat. My sandwich had sauteed collard greens, mushrooms, and, of course, cheese. White Irish cheddar. Yum. I try not to eat a lot of processed foods, but I admit to loving these cheesy corn puff things.

















Monday: Homemade pizza for my Valentine. Kalamata olive, onion, crimini mushroom. It also has this. More processed foods. Yep. Lots of junk around here right now. We both do quite like this "sausage." Also cake, of course.

















Tuesday: Haluski--I love this meal. It's hard to tell, but there is a ton of cabbage and onion in with those noodles. No cheese in this, but plenty of butter. I like to make it with homemade egg noodles, and then it is really, really, insanely good. But even with these run-of-the-mill store bought (from when we were sick) this is very tasty.

















Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Snacky dinner
Not a whole lot of cooking here, but I did make spinach artichoke dip and hard boiled eggs. That's a pear in the middle of the bottom row.

















Friday: Total indulgence dinner. Scrambled eggs with cheese, biscuits and gravy.  I love biscuits and gravy.  My grandmother always used to make this for me when I was a little girl. One of the main reasons I kind of like the "sausage" stuff.  I put some mushrooms in this gravy, too.

















Saturday:
Vegetable fried rice with egg.

5 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog and I love it. You love all the same things I love.
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade egg noodles sound really good. Ben and I were just talking about wanting to make our own noodles. You'll have to point us to a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Shelley, and thank you. Nice to find a kindred spirit.

    I don't think there's anything special about my recipe, Emily, but I'll pull it out and send it along. I think it's kind of hard to go wrong with egg noodles, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, everything looks so good...especially those panini...we love grilled cheese here. Just tried some coupole (and wrote about it on my blog)...aged goat cheese, very interesting, stinky, yet a strong and sharp flavor that I really liked, kind of like gruyere and brie mixed together...
    I have to say that baby swiss is my fav though.
    What's your fav kind of cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice... it is neat that we all cook such different things! loved the cute dinner in little bowls...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts--I love hearing from you!