Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chicago

We have a lot of things going on this summer. We're hoping that won't keep us from getting a few projects done around the house, but we will be spending quite a bit of time on the road and out and about. This past weekend we took a very quick trip up to Chicago to meet up with my best friend from college. She lives in D.C. and was in Chicago for her sister's medical school graduation.  Despite the fact that James and I have lived in Indiana or Illinois for the nearly 9 years we've been married, we had never taken a trip to Chicago together. We had fun this weekend playing tourist and catching up with my friend. We would resolve to go back soon, except we already have reservations to go back with my family in July for my brother's 30th birthday. Funny how that works out.

We had a room with a fantastic view. We spent quite a bit of time on Navy Pier. They have fireworks every Wednesday and Saturday night in the summer. (My phone wasn't charged for that.) They also have a free Stained Glass museum. We took a short boat tour on Lake Michigan, and ate at a few yummy restaurants. But mostly my old roomie and I talked each other's ear off while James tagged along. I've just started using Instagram, so I enjoyed the chance to play around with the app (My user name is verduresarah).






1 comment:

  1. very lovely!!! :) blessings on the rest of your summer travel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts--I love hearing from you!